R2A EEA Workshop
R2A is partnering with Engineering Education Australia (EEA) to deliver this two day Engineering Due Diligence Workshop. This is a workshop for Directors and Senior Managers to ensure due diligence processes are implemented as part of good governance.
Engineering Due Diligence Workshop
Provide decision-makers with tools to implement due-diligence processes as part of good governance ensuring that the laws of nature are managed to the satisfaction of the laws of man. This includes project, safety, environmental and financial outcomes.
The workshop will provide participants with the understanding, skills and tools to enable all significant technological risk issues and proposed controls to be appropriately escalated to senior decision makers in a way that those decision makers can understand.
It will enable shareholders and taxpayers to transparently see why expenditure is required. And, in the worst case scenario, satisfy the courts if it all comes to grief.
Who Should Attend?
Company Directors, Senior Executives, Project Directors and their risk and compliance staff.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to –
- Understand the concept of due diligence to ensure good governance
- Understand what constitutes ‘due diligence’ under Australian High Court case (common) law
- Understand the requirements of the Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation to positively demonstrate due diligence
- Understand why compliance ≠ safety due diligence
- Understand why the risk management standard fails to deal with potential show stoppers and identify them before they happen
- Understand the difference between due diligence and risk management
- Decide which risk management sign off paradigms are appropriate
- Use tools to educate and influence others
- Know when to avoid HazOps and FMECAs and other detailed bottom up risk assessment processes
Download the course brochure.
2017 Public Workshop Dates
// Melbourne // 25 & 26 October
2018 Public Workshop Dates
// Brisbane // 14 & 15 March
// Melbourne // 9 & 10 May
// Perth // 20 & 21 June
In house workshops are also available.
“In November 2013, I attended the Engineering Education Australia/R2A workshop and found it to be a good mix of theory and practical insights. I particularly enjoyed the case studies and interaction with the other workshop participants. Richard’s style of presentation lead to some interesting discussion and I would recommend the workshop to my colleagues. Overall, the workshop was excellent.”
//Christopher Clyde, Defence Material Organisation
“I recently attended the Engineering Education Australia/R2A workshop and found it to be insightful, practical and very helpful. The workshop format lead to many interesting discussions over the two days and participants were able to take away ideas and new techniques that could be implemented immediately. The content was very relevant and the R2A text is a useful resource as well.”
//David Howard, Group Manager, Risk and Systems, Grollo Leisure and Tourism
“I attended the Engineering Due Diligence Workshop in November 2013 run by Richard Robinson of R2A with the view of gaining new insights into managing corporate risks. I gained a lot out of the two days and in particular the points raised by various discussion and case studies given by Richard. A very worth while two days.”
//David Nordio, Acting Infrastructure Delivery Manager, Port of Melbourne Corporation